Friday 4 December 2015

Makerspaces!



I've created a makerspace club and makerspace blocks in my library learning commons. It has been so much fun! I took a School Library Journal mini-course on designing makerspaces and it gave me lots of great ideas.

Currently, I am doing a station model with a combination of these stations:
The stations depend on the age and size of the group, but there are usually at least 5 options for students every time they are in makerspace. 

I've also tried stocking up on fiction and non-fiction books about making, especially making with technology. You can see some of the new ones I have bought by clicking on my Goodreads shelf in my virtual learning commons. You can also see some pictures of makerspace by clicking on Student Stuff in the virtual learning commons. If you have any great recommendations, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment